All About Hummingbirds
Understanding the basics about hummingbirds, from what makes them so unique to unusual trivia, is the best way to become more familiar with these popular birds.
- What Is a Hummingbird?
- 25 Fun Facts About Hummingbirds
- Tips for Watching Hummingbirds
- Hummingbird FAQ
- How Hummingbirds Fly
- When Is Hummingbird Migration?
- What Do Hummingbirds Eat?
- Sounds Hummingbirds Make
- Hummingbird Vocabulary
These tiny birds are fast fliers and can be difficult to identify, but with practice every birder can feel confident about properly identifying every hummingbird they see.
- Hummingbird Identification Tips
- Parts of a Hummingbird
- Broad-Tailed Hummingbird or Ruby-Throated Hummingbird?
There are more than 300 species of hummingbirds in the world, and each one is a unique beauty. Two dozen species make appearances in North America, and they are some of the most anticipated backyard birds.
- Ruby-Throated Hummingbird
- Anna's Hummingbird
- Black-Chinned Hummingbird
- Broad-Billed Hummingbird
- Broad-Tailed Hummingbird
- Brown Violet-Ear
- Buff-Bellied Hummingbird
- Calliope Hummingbird
- Costa's Hummingbird
- Magnificent Hummingbird
- Red-Billed Streamertail
- Rufous Hummingbird
- Swallow-Tailed Hummingbird
- Sword-Billed Hummingbird
- Violet-Capped Woodnymph
- A-Z Hummingbird Species List
To attract any birds to your backyard requires meeting their basic needs for food, water, shelter and nesting sites, but it takes special consideration to attract hummingbirds to enjoy.
- How to Attract Hummingbirds
- Flowers That Attract Hummingbirds
- Top 10 Hummingbird Flowers
- Design a Hummingbird Garden
- Attracting Nesting Hummingbirds
- Provide Water for Hummingbirds
- Perches for Hummingbirds
- Hummingbird House
Feeding hummingbirds is easy and inexpensive, and offering the right food for these beautiful birds is a great way to get wonderful views as they fly nearby.
- Hummingbird Nectar Recipe
- Top 10 Hummingbird Nectar Mistakes
- Hummingbird Feeding Tips
- Types of Hummingbird Feeders
- 8 Reasons to Make Your Own Nectar
- How to Clean a Hummingbird Feeder
- How to Hand Feed Hummingbirds
- Is Red Dye Harmful to Hummingbirds?
- Keep Nectar From Freezing
- Top Hummingbird Feeders
These birds move so fast, sometimes the best way to get a great view is through a photo. These photo galleries highlight some of the most beautiful hummingbirds in the world.
Even tiny birds need big help to survive threats such as habitat loss, pollution and natural disasters. Fortunately, there are many easy ways birders can help hummingbirds.
More Hummingbird Fun
Can't get enough of hummingbirds? These fun projects and events will have you enjoying your flying jewels all year long, and sharing that enjoyment with others.