The Bottom Line
Deceptively simple, the Birdola Stacker Stand is an innovative feeder for offering premium seed cakes to backyard birds. With a variety of specially sized Stacker seed cakes available in different blends, this is an easily customizable feeder for any backyard flock.
- Simple, easy feeder design.
- Sturdy and durable plastic construction.
- Multi-cake capacity allows feeding for a variety of birds.
- Four distinct seed cake blends available.
- Circular perch accommodates a maximum number of birds.
- No protection from squirrels or other feeder pests.
- Narrow hanging hook may require an accessory hook for use.
- No protection from moisture or weather.
- Designed to accommodate only Birdola Stacker seed cakes.
- Name: Stacker Stand / Stacker seed cakes
- Manufacturer: Birdola
- Feeder Type: Seed cakes
- Height: 8" (20.3 cm)
- Width: 7" (17.8 cm) including perch ring
- Capacity: Up to 3 cakes (3.75" x 1" (9.5 cm x 3.8 cm) each)
- Construction: Plastic base, metal hanging rod and hook
- Price: $7.95 / stand, $3.95-4.95 / cake (prices from different retailers may vary)
Guide Review - Birdola Stacker Stand and Stacker Seed Cakes
At first glance, the Birdola Stacker Stand looks overly simple, but its simplicity is its genius as a feeder and it quickly proves a feeder does not need to be elaborate or complex to be immensely effective. The thick plastic base supports up to three Stacker seed cakes and includes a dozen wide drainage holes, and the sturdy perch completely encircles the feeder to accommodate multiple feeding birds.
Filling the Stacker stand is fast and easy. The Stacker cakes are sized to fit the feeder and need only be slid over the hanging bar to be held securely in place. Multiple cakes can be used for a larger backyard flock, and the cakes are available in four blends – woodpecker, cardinal, no-waste and multi-bird – to customize the seed offered for different seasons or birds. Using different cakes allows backyard birders to feed different birds simultaneously without needing separate feeders.
The Stacker cakes themselves are made from premium seeds and nuts. Ingredients vary by blend and may include black oil sunflower seeds, sunflower chips, safflower seed, white proso millet, peanuts, hulled millet, cracked corn and other nuts, all bound firmly but gently with gelatin to hold the appropriate shape. No filler seeds or waste grains are included in the cakes, and their compact size makes them easy to handle.
The Stacker Stand and seed cakes' simple design is also its biggest drawback. Birders who frequently have problems with squirrels or other feeder raiders will need to buy accessories or take steps to squirrel-proof the feeder to avoid problems. Similarly, the feeder will need a cover to protect it from rain or snow, or it should be placed in a protected location. For a feeder at its most basic, however, the Stacker Stand is an exceptional choice for easy backyard bird feeding.